of Conduct for Students
· Students should follow rules and regulations
set by the college and follow the set procedures for completion of different
tasks with due diligence.
· They should remain in discipline and must not
do anything detrimental to the safety of others.
· They should pay adequate respect to teachers
and other college functionaries.
· Ragging is completely prohibited in any form
and any such act is punishable.
· They must not do any harm to the property of
· They must not involve in any sort of
disruptive activity in the college.
· They should work for upholding the interests
and reputation of the college.
· The wearing of ribbon identity card is must.
· Notice Boards should be read daily.
· In vacant periods, they should sit in either
library or the place earmarked for them.
· They must attend mentor group meetings and
other college activities and functions compulsorily with discipline.
· Cleanliness is indispensable in the college.
· They should work for maintaining the campus
greenery and environment.
· Nothing offensive should be written on walls
and notice and classroom boards.
· They should switch off the fans and lights
which are not in use in rooms or verandas.
· The cycle/ two wheelers which students bring
in the college should be properly registered with the parking staff.
· Entry in the college is only for the enrolled
students and any outsider other than them is strictly prohibited.
· Use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs inside the
college campus is strictly prohibited. Students found in possession or using
them would be summarily dismissed from the college.
· The students should be regular and punctual in
· They should pay proper heed to the lectures
and remain in discipline in the classes.
· Any lewd comment or indecent behavior in the
class is punishable.
· The use of mobile phones is not allowed during
· Any attempt to record the lecture of teacher
without permission is prohibited.
· They should get books issued from the library
regularly and return them within stipulated fifteen days.
· They are prohibited to make noise while
sitting and studying in the reading lounge.They should make use of the facility of
e-resource centre with caution so as not to make any harm to the facilities
· Tearing of any page from the books issued,
defacing them and not returning them after the stipulated time may lead to
· The use of mobile phones in the library is
The students are supposed to abide by these rules or the rules
communicated to them through notices in the due course of their studies. If
there is a case against a student for the possible breach of these rules, then
Code of Conduct Committee will look into the matter and inquire about the
relevant facts. If it feels the case is appropriate for a suitable disciplinary
action, the concerned student may be awarded punishment after consulting with
the College Council and Senior Mentors. The punishment may be warning/
restriction / expulsion/ monitory penalty/ suspension or ineligibility for